I arrived in Taiwan in August '05. As an elementary school teacher from Toronto, I took a leave of absence 2 pursue a teaching position at a public school in Douliu City, Taiwan. Teaching is my passion & it has led me to Taiwan. God opened the door for me..This is my story and my journey..Pls read my testimony on this blog: "Live Strong"...(Nov. archives) "My food, is to do the will of him who sent me and to finish his work". John 4:34 NIV

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Faith that can move Mountains

The Withered Fig Tree
Mark 11:22

"Have faith in God, Jesus answered. I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, 'Go throw yourself into the sea, and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive him, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins." Mark 11:22-25

My faith was renewed once again in my prayer life as I came across the above verse during my devotional time. Lately, I've been praying for 2 friends who have been encountering difficult trials and struggles in their respective jobs. I've been praying consistently over the last little while and have seen little change in their respective environments. As a result, I've been discouraged in prayer. As I've been renewed in my faith in prayer, I've been reminded to pray with the heartfelt conviction that I will receive what I've requested in prayer. With a deeper faith in prayer, I can also pray with the same conviction for others and believe that God can bring a change in their lives. May He be glorified...amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home