I arrived in Taiwan in August '05. As an elementary school teacher from Toronto, I took a leave of absence 2 pursue a teaching position at a public school in Douliu City, Taiwan. Teaching is my passion & it has led me to Taiwan. God opened the door for me..This is my story and my journey..Pls read my testimony on this blog: "Live Strong"...(Nov. archives) "My food, is to do the will of him who sent me and to finish his work". John 4:34 NIV

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Taiwan 101 - Brain Boosters


Left Photo: Liao-Shu-ling, Taipei Times
Ruby red maturing coffee beans growing in the coffee fields, Gukeng Township
臺灣咖啡 - Gukeng Township, Yunlin County
Coffee plants are ideal to grow in the humidity and climate of Hebao Mountain in Gukeng Township. About 120 hectares of coffee plants are grown in this area. Coffee beans here are of the arabica variety and account for 1/3 of Taiwan's production of coffee. Other areas that grow coffee plants in Taiwan are: Alishan in Chiayi, Rueisuei in Hualien, Hueisun in Taidong, Sandimen in Pingtong, & Dongshan.
2005 Taiwan Coffee Festival
http://2005coffee.yunlin.gov.tw/eng/coffee/coffee_A.asp


ZHAORI HOTSPRINGS, Green Island, off the coast of Taitung, Taiwan.
One of only 3 salt-water hotsprings in the world. The other two are located in Japan & Italy.

CN Tower, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, 553. 33 m


TAIPEI 101 Building, 509 m


TROPIC OF CANCER MONUMENT
Situated in the Tropic of Cancer
Shui Shang Village. Chiayi

The Tropic divides Taiwan's north and south & crosses the coastal highway at the 69 km mark which is also the boundary between Hualien and Taitung Counties.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home