I arrived in Taiwan in August '05. As an elementary school teacher from Toronto, I took a leave of absence 2 pursue a teaching position at a public school in Douliu City, Taiwan. Teaching is my passion & it has led me to Taiwan. God opened the door for me..This is my story and my journey..Pls read my testimony on this blog: "Live Strong"...(Nov. archives) "My food, is to do the will of him who sent me and to finish his work". John 4:34 NIV

Thursday, October 06, 2005

Taste Buds Field Day: Savor the Food!

Favourite Drinks: Passion Fruit Green Tea, Pearl Milk Tea
Favourite Foods: Beef noodle soup, Fried chicken steak, dumplings...


BEST TASTING Pork ribs in rice noodles - Fengyuan, Taichung County

水果冰 - FRUIT ICE: A mountain of shaved ice, topped with ice & smothered in dark sugar!

牛肉麵 - BEEF NOODLES: big chunks of tender beef in a aromatic beef broth with green veggies & preserved cabbage...
涮涮鍋 - SWUN SWUN GUO
臭豆腐 STINKY TOFU: Get over the smell & it's really yummy...add some sweet & sour cabbage & cucumber...

酸辣湯 - HOT & SOUR Soup: A tad spicy at times; usually has shredded meat, mushrooms, sliced carrots & other goodies...

水餃 - DUMPLINGS boiled in water, normally wrapped with pork & green chives...

蔥油餅 - GREEN ONION PANCAKE

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home