I arrived in Taiwan in August '05. As an elementary school teacher from Toronto, I took a leave of absence 2 pursue a teaching position at a public school in Douliu City, Taiwan. Teaching is my passion & it has led me to Taiwan. God opened the door for me..This is my story and my journey..Pls read my testimony on this blog: "Live Strong"...(Nov. archives) "My food, is to do the will of him who sent me and to finish his work". John 4:34 NIV

Friday, February 17, 2006

Nostalgic Moment

Hualien Christian Centre




It was here in August 1996 that I would begin to forge a lasting friendship with my great friend, Emily. It was also during this missions trip to Asia that inspired me to want to teach abroad. En route back to Hualien, Emily happened to see it! We went in to take a look. Much remains the same, even after 10 years. The facility still acts as a seniors home & has a kindergarten addition. The chapel is still intact and in use. Funny coming across this place...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So amazing story eh?

4:49 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home