I arrived in Taiwan in August '05. As an elementary school teacher from Toronto, I took a leave of absence 2 pursue a teaching position at a public school in Douliu City, Taiwan. Teaching is my passion & it has led me to Taiwan. God opened the door for me..This is my story and my journey..Pls read my testimony on this blog: "Live Strong"...(Nov. archives) "My food, is to do the will of him who sent me and to finish his work". John 4:34 NIV

Sunday, April 30, 2006

No matter what I say, what I believe, and what I do, I'm bankrupt without love." 1 Corinthians 13:3b (Msg)

"Love means living the way God commanded us to live. As you have heard from the beginning , his command is this: Live a life of love." 2 John 1:6 (NCV)


Excerpts & quotes © 2002 Rick Warren, The Purpose Driven Life

• Life is all about love
• It runs counter to our self-centered nature. That is why we are given a lifetime to learn it.

Through fellowship we learn three important truths...
1) THE BEST USE OF LIFE IS LOVE
• Life without love is really worthless
-Love is the most important part of your life.
-Relationships are what life is all about
-Busyness is a great enemy of relationships
• Love will last forever
-love leaves a legacy
"It's not what you do, but how much love you put into it that matters." Mother Teresa
-We will be evaluated on our love.

2) THE BEST EXPRESSION OF LOVE IS TIME
-When you give someone your time, you are giving them a portion of your life that you'll never get back.
-Important relationships are proven with how much time we invest in them.
-The essence of love is how much we give of ourselves...focused attention..SACRIFICE

3) THE BEST TIME TO LOVE IS NOW
-Love is what matters most so it needs to take top priority.
-The best use of life is love.
-The best expression of love is time..the best time to love is now.

"The entire law is summed up in a single command: 'Love your neighbor as yourself." Galatians 5:14 (NIV)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Sister....finally getting to read...haha.
Giving of your time is truly a sacrifice....and I am thankful for those who spend time with me..because time is sooo precious. And seems these days not enough....

Miss ya..and love Ya!

DE.

2:57 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home